On April 24, 2013, Anderson Direct Marketing participated in its first Google+ Hangout. Creative director Carlos Perez represented ADM in the second episode of Xerox’s “Ask the Experts” series. Joining Perez were Gordon Kaye, editor and publisher, and Ilana Greenberg, creative director from the magazine Graphic Design USA. The question that brought these experts together was, “Is print dead?” All of the experts answered confidently with a resounding no. Kaye started the conversation with the subject of tangibility. With print, you can touch, hold and feel a piece. Other mediums cannot connect to us in this way.
‘Tis the season for charitable giving. But why donate just during the holiday season? Over the past year, Anderson has participated with and donated to numerous organizations, both locally and nationally. During the month of September, which is Hunger Awareness month, ADM partook in the Feeding America San Diego’s Finest City Food Fight, a food drive dedicated to collecting food for local San Diegans in need. This drive helped collect over 5,650 pounds of food and raise $15,516 for hunger relief in San Diego. Quickly following September was October, Breast Cancer awareness month. ADM associates were proud to wear pink on Fridays to symbolize those who have been affected by breast cancer. Not prone to sitting around, ADM then joined together to form a team for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure San Diego, a nonprofit organization dedicated to raising money for breast cancer research. Our Breast in Class Marketers contributed to the 1.2 million dollars raised the foundation. 75 percent of this money raised will stay in San Diego helping with treatment, education and patient/family support. The remaining 25 percent will go to fund breast cancer research.