Food, technology, music. There is much to be excited about at South by Southwest (SXSW). Three of us at Anderson will be attending, including me, to soak up the sights and sounds plus sit in on sessions so that we can bring you the latest in interactive marketing.
What’s working in mobile marketing? How can we use social media to reach the mature audience? Which social media data is most effective? These are just a few of many questions I want to answer. Here are five sessions I hope will give me answers. Check them out.
Analytics can help you understand your active members. But what about the people who aren’t posting? In this session I’ll get a look at the latest data and research methods that just might provide a solution.
- Alexandra Samuel, VP of Social at Vision Critical
- Beth Kanter, Visiting Scholar
- Colby Flint, Consumer Insight Strategist at Discovery Communications
- Jeremiah Owyang, President of Crowd Companies
Is your reward program truly building loyalty? Or are you just reacting to what your data model predicted? Here, an expert panel will discuss what loyalty means in today’s socially driven society, and what we should be doing to make customers stick.
- Drew Lewis, New Media Director at Wunderman
- Joshua Forstot, Chief Product Officer at Checked.in
Some experts question whether social media efforts should be different for the mature audience. Senior aficionados AARP will be on scene to cover what is and isn’t working in social media, and discuss strategies specifically aimed at the 50+ crowd.
- Aldea Douglas, Project Manager at AARP
- Andres Castillo, Sr. Advisor at AARP
Are brands becoming more human and finding distinctive voices through today’s new direct-to-consumer channels? This session will take a closer look at the phenomenon, explaining which brands are doing it right—and wrong.
- Natanya Anderson, Director of Social Media & Integrated Marketing at Whole Foods Market
- Noha Abdalla, Sr. Director of Social Media at Capital One
- Rick Wion, Director of Social Media at McDonald’s Corporation
Good and bad things can happen when you try to catch customers when they’re in your neighborhood. What are the caveats to good location-based marketing? This and other important questions will be answered here through case studies shared by subject matter gurus.
- Asif Khan, Founder & President of The LBMA
- Chris Marley, Mobile Program Manager at REI
- James Keller, Mobile User Experience at WalmartLabs
- Jason Burby, Americas President at POSSIBLE
I’m also looking forward to:
How did they accomplish this smashing social success? I’ll find out. Plus, it’s Kevin Bacon. Need I say more?
- Brian Turtle, Co-Creator of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon
- Kevin Bacon, Actor, Director, Producer for Warner Bros. Television
What? Video games have their own hall of fame? I’ll definitely be stopping by.