As we continue with our inclusion series, we will now shift our focus to how marketers can include women, most effectively, in their marketing efforts. We will take a look at why this segment of buyers is so powerful and a few insights gleaned from original research Anderson conducted.
- Women make 85% of all purchasing decisions
- Women make up 51.4% of the US population
- 91% say advertisers don’t understand them
- 58% feel annoyed at how advertisers portray their gender
Last year, Anderson did an original healthcare insurance research study to better under the point of view of Gen X women, specifically, what they consider when making healthcare decisions. Utilizing this 2016 primary research and the marketing experience that Anderson has accumulated over the last 31 years, we have put together 3 key insights on how to better include women in your marketing strategy, no matter what industry you are in.
- Make women a segment
- Conduct your own research
- Analyze current database to determine profitability of Gen X members
- Assess your ability to segment and target
- Inspire confidence
- Still education work to be done
- They are making the right choice
- Let them know they’re not alone
- Channels—don’t fight the facts
- Channel preference is key
- Traditional channels first
- Continue to drive digital
- Dedicated microsite for women
Want to see the full 7 key insights from our research study? Go here.
Examples of Brands Doing This Well
For all 7 insights from our primary insurance marketing research, including our research results, download the full research results deck below.