With the increasing number of seniors using online resources to research Medicare options, being where
they are is critical. It is absolutely imperative for Medicare marketers to master this channel, now more than
ever. Here are some key things to keep in mind as you begin to include SEM in your marketing campaign.
(1) Multi-channel attribution is key
Maximizing your paid search opportunities is essential to a good Medicare marketing campaign. Your prospects might be receiving your direct mail or watching your ads on television, but when the time comes to make a decision, their first stop will undoubtedly be a site like Google or Bing. Ensuring that you show up on the first page of Medicare links will get your brand in front of prospects when it matters most!
(2) SEM is the lowest cost-per-lead channel that there is
Fortunately, it is extremely inexpensive to implement Search Engine Marketing in your existing campaign.
SEM has the lowest cost-per-lead of any marketing channel, making it a no-brainer to add to your Medicare marketing toolkit.
(3) Successful SEM is 90% science and 10% creative Though eye-catching creative is always important, SEM is all about science.
There are two key steps to keep in mind to maximize the ROI on your SEM:
(1) Continually measure the success of your keywords and ensure that you are paying for the right search
terms. Pay attention to which searches direct the most traffic to your website!
(2) Ensure that you are directing prospects to an optimized landing page that gives them all the information they need right off the bat! Hire an outside User Experience expert to ensure that your landing page is functional and easy to navigate.
To view some of Medicare-specific case studies, check out our work.